Barrie Public Library has a large number of valuable partnerships within our community. Our partnerships take different forms, from informal to formal, and encompass various sections of our community such as business, not-for-profit groups and charities, and corporate. We believe that by forging vital links - by working with business, and by assisting other groups and organizations - we help to build a strong vibrant community for all who live in the Barrie area.
Among many others our current partnerships include:
- MacLaren Art Centre: We display Grand Illusion as part of the ArtCity project.
- Simcoe County Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society : We house the society's extensive genealogy collection.
- Barrie Jazz & Blues Festival: Barrie Public Library acts as a host venue for the annual event.
- Barrie Folk Society: Monthly Open Stage Unplugged Friday night events and occasional Folk concerts take place at the library.
- Barrie Dragon Boat Festival: The various businesses and community groups involved in making this Barrie Public Library event a successful one.
For more information about community partnerships please contact the Library's Development Office at 705-728-1010 ext: 7137 or by e-mail at email@example.com.